LEMON CUPCAKES WITH RASPBERRY BUTTERCREAM
These cupcakes will have you drooling with excitement. Refreshing and indulging. Warning: Couch lock ahead!
Yield: 12 CUPCAKES
Prep Time: 15 MINUTES
Cook Time: 15-23 MINUTES
Total Time: 30-38 MINUTES
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup canna butter
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/tsp. baking powder
- 1 3/4 cake flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
FOR THE RASPBERRY BUTTERCREAM:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. 2% milk
- 1 cup raspberries
FOR THE CUPCAKES
- Measure and set aside all ingredients, to allow butter and eggs to adjust to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Grease or line muffin pan, set aside.
- Wash lemons, and press using the palm of hand, cut, and juice, removing any seeds.
- Using a whisk, standing mixer, or handheld mixer, cream together sugar, canna butter, eggs, and lemon juice.
- In a small mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- In 4-6 equal increments, alternate adding dry ingredients and milk into creamy canna mixture until just incorporated (be careful not to over mix).
- Carefully spoon batter batter until each muffin cup is approximately two thirds full.
- Bake for 15-23 minutes, or until a toothpick check comes out clean.
- In 4-6 equal increments, alternate adding dry ingredients and milk into creamy canna mixture until just incorporated (be careful not to over mix)
- Cool fully before frosting.
FOR THE RASPBERRY BUTTERCREAM
- Measure and set aside all ingredients to allow them to adjust to room temperature.
- Wash raspberries. Place wire sieve over large mixing bowl, and press raspberries through sieve using a rubber spatula until all that all liquid is in the bowl below, and only seeds and other solid matter remains above.
- Add butter and milk to raspberry puree, and cream together fully.
- Sift in confectioners sugar one cup at a time, (if using a standing mixer, set to low to continually sift the sugar in) until desired texture is achieved.